Important KSDS Update
March 11, 2020
Dear KSDS Families,
We are writing to share several very important updates out of an abundance of preparedness:
- We have decided to move up the 8th grade performances of High School Musical to Sunday and Monday (March 15 & 16) at 7pm. The Gordon Center is operating as normal and has been an outstanding partner in accommodating KSDS’s decision. Our students are amazing and are ready to knock the audience’s socks off with their all-Hebrew musical! See below for ticket information and other details.
- The 3rd grade performance of Wagons Ho! will take place as scheduled on Thursday March 12 at 2pm, but we have changed its location from the Krieger Auditorium to the Sanctuary. The production will be live-streamed and videotaped so that visitors who cannot attend or choose not to attend can still enjoy the production. Please click here on Thursday afternoon to watch Wagons Ho!
- All field trips scheduled through April 7th have been postponed or cancelled. Teachers will communicate with individual grades regarding potential for rescheduling and/or alternate plans.
- The MATINEE FIELD TRIP scheduled for Wednesday 3/18 is cancelled. We are working on arrangements for the show to take place at KSDS on a different date and time. Stay tuned for details.
- The PA Shabbat Share scheduled for March 20th is postponed. Details on a reschedule date will be announced shortly.
- All Middle School spring sports practices are cancelled for Thursday March 12th and Monday March 16th. We intend to resume regular practices on Tuesday March 17th. There is still practice today March 11th. KSDS athletics will update the calendar accordingly.
- In the event that school should close for an extended period of time, LS parents and MS students will receive email communications from their teachers with instructions regarding continued learning opportunities.
- We intend to keep the hot lunch and salad bar program but there will be modifications made to food service operations to further assure food safety. A communication will be sent by Chizuk Amuno Congregation later this week to the congregation and all school families with further details.
High School Musical Play Tickets
*To purchase tickets click here http://tinyurl.com/KSDSHSM2020 then click “buy tickets”
** If you have already purchased tickets:
Tuesday night’s tickets will automatically transfer to Monday night 3/16’s performance.
Wednesday night’s tickets will automatically transfer to Sunday night 3/15’s performance.
***While there are no refunds on ticket purchases, exchanges from one night to the other will be honored pending ticket availability. Contact Marilyn Zvili, Officer Manager for the Center for Arts and Culture at email@example.com to exchange tickets.
****If you are unable to attend and wish to donate your tickets you may drop them off at the KSDS main office before dismissal on Friday or leave it with the Gordon Center Box Office.
KSDS Alumni Night will take place on Sunday evening 3/15. Unfortunately, we are not able to reschedule the dinner! Purchase tickets directly from the Gordon Center website link above.
“WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.” To quote from the High School Musical theme song, we are all a community together in support of our projects and our students. We appreciate your flexibility during this unprecedented situation. We encourage all Schechter families to come out and support the Class of 2020 and all of their hard work! You’re in for an amazing show!