Schechter on the Move 5K
Schechter on the Move is a 5K Race managed and chip-timed by Charm City Run. The 7th annual event will take place Sunday, June 10, 2018 and also includes a Fun Run and Trike Race. Your participation helps to support KSDS!
DATE & TIME
Sunday, June 10, 2018
8am – Race Start
9am – Post-Race Party Start
Click here to view the race course.
$36 for adult or sleep-in option
$25 for KSDS Alumni or Staff/faculty
$18 for children under 14 (if running 5K)
$12 for 1 Mile Fun Run (Fun runners will receive race shirts)
$10 for trike race
– ALL registrants get a race shirt
– The 5K race will be chip-timed this year
– $10 off each registration when signing up as a family
– Race Day Registration will be an additional $5
– All runners registered by Friday, May 25th will receive a race t-shirt. Shirts may be available but are not guaranteed after this date.
– There are no refunds of entry given or transfers of entry permitted for this event.
Online registration closes on Tuesday, June 5th at midnight.
Thursday, June 7th from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm, KSDS, Outside of the Esterson Auditorium
Friday, June 8th from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm, KSDS, Outside of the Esterson Auditorium
Race Day–Sunday, June 10th from 7:00 am – 7:45 am
RACE DAY TIMELINE
7am – Registration
7:45am – Warm Up
8am: 5K and 1 Mile Family Fun Run Start
8:45am – 12:30 pm: Post-Race festival
This race will be chip timed by Charm City Run with the following awards:
– Awards will be given to the top three male/female overall finishers and the top male/female finishers in each of the following age groups: 10 and under, 11-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over.
– Awards will also be given to the top male/female employee, top alumnus and top KSDS student. There will be a special token for all children ages 13 and under who are registered by May 18.
– 1 Mile Family Fun Run (untimed): All children ages 13 and under will receive a token.
– Children under 10 must run/walk with an adult
– All runners registered by Friday, May 25th will receive a t-shirt. Shirts are not guaranteed after this date.
– Babysitting offered for children 2 and over with pre-registration.
– For the safety of our runners, the 5K is closed to bikes, rollerblades, skateboards, and pets. Strollers may be used.
– Water stop and mile markers along the course.
RACE DAY ACTIVITIES
– There will be a tricycle race during the run. Bring your child’s trike to decorate and race! Parents can drop children off at this activity while they run.
– To close out our 36th anniversary year, special post-race festivities will include food trucks, live music, refreshments and activities including moon bounces, face painting and water tag. Plan to stay and celebrate!
LOCATION & PARKING
– Race begins and ends at Krieger Schechter Day School, 8100 Stevenson Road, Baltimore
– Parking will be available on the Krieger Schechter Day School campus.