Schechter on the Move 5K
Schechter on the Move is a 5K Race and 1 Mile Fun Run managed and chip-timed by Charm City Run. The seventh annual event will be held on Sunday, June 10, 2018. Your participation helps support Krieger Schechter Day School. Thank you!
Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 8am
Click here to view the race course.
$36 for adult or sleep-in option
$25 for KSDS Alumni or Staff/faculty
$18 for children under 14 (if running 5K)
$12 for 1 Mile Fun Run (Fun runners will receive race shirts)
$10 for trike race
– ALL registrants get a race shirt
– The 5K race will be chip-timed this year
– $10 off each registration when signing up as a family
– Race Day Registration will be an additional $5
– All runners registered by Friday, May 25th will receive a race t-shirt. Shirts may be available but are not guaranteed after this date.
– There are no refunds of entry given or transfers of entry permitted for this event.
Online registration closes on Tuesday, June 5th at midnight.
Thursday, June 7th from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm, KSDS, Outside of the Esterson Auditorium
Friday, June 8th from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm, KSDS, Outside of the Esterson Auditorium
Race Day–Sunday, June 10th from 7:00 am – 7:45 am
RACE DAY TIMELINE
7am – Registration
7:45am – Warm Up
8am: 5K and 1 Mile Family Fun Run Start Time: 8am
8:45am – 12:30 pm: Post-Race festival
This race will be chip timed by Charm City Run with the following awards:
– Awards will be given to the top three male/female overall finishers and the top male/female finishers in each of the following age groups: 10 and under, 11-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over.
– Awards will also be given to the top male/female employee, top alumnus and top KSDS student. There will be a special token for all children ages 13 and under who are registered by May 18.
– 1 Mile Family Fun Run (untimed): All children ages 13 and under will receive a token.
– Children under 10 must run/walk with an adult
– All runners registered by Friday, May 25th will receive a t-shirt. Shirts are not guaranteed after this date.
– Babysitting offered for children 2 and over with pre-registration.
– For the safety of our runners, the 5K is closed to bikes, rollerblades, skateboards, and pets. Strollers may be used.
– Water stop and mile markers along the course.
RACE DAY ACTIVITIES
– There will be a tricycle race during the run. Bring your child’s trike to decorate and race! Parents can drop children off at this activity while they run.
– To close out our 36th anniversary year, special post-race festivities will include food trucks, live music, refreshments and activities including moon bounces, face painting and water tag. Plan to stay and celebrate!
LOCATION & PARKING
– Race begins and ends at Krieger Schechter Day School, 8100 Stevenson Road, Baltimore
– Parking will be available on the Krieger Schechter Day School campus.