Schechter on the Move 5K
Schechter on the Move is a 5K Race and 1 Mile Fun Run managed by Charm City Run. The sixth annual event will be held on Sunday, June 4, 2017. We look forward to your participation!
REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Sign up HERE!
Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 8am
Click here to view the race course.
– $20 KSDS alumni, faculty, and children (ages 2 – 18)
– $30 Adult (18+)
– $55 Family Rate (includes registration for up to 6 immediate family members and 2 t-shirts)
– $30 Sleepwalker/Virtual Runner (want to support KSDS but can’t make it on race day)
– Extra t-shirts are $12 per shirt
– Race Day Registration will be an additional $5.
– Online registration closes on Sunday, May 28th at midnight.
– Participants can register on race day. Registration will be an additional $5.
– All runners registered by Friday, May 5th will receive a t-shirt. Shirts are not guaranteed after this date.
– Tuesday, May 30th at 2:30-4:30 pm – Krieger Schechter Day School, outside of Esterson Auditorium
– Friday, June 2nd at 3-4 pm: Krieger Schechter Day School, outside of Esterson Auditorium
– Race Day, June 4th 7-8 am: On-site
RACE DAY TIMELINE
– Registration: 7 am
– Warm Up: 7:45 am
– 5K and 1 Mile Family Fun Run Start Time: 8 am
– Awards will be given to the top three male/female overall finishers and the top male/female finishers in each of the following age groups: 10 and under, 11-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over.
– Awards will also be given to the top male/female employee, top alumnus and top KSDS student. There will be a special token for all children ages 13 and under who are registered by May 18.
– 1 Mile Family Fun Run (untimed): All children ages 13 and under will receive a token.
– Children under 10 must run/walk with an adult
– All runners registered by Friday, May 5th will receive a t-shirt. Shirts are not guaranteed after this date
– Babysitting offered for children 2 and over with pre-registration.
– For the safety of our runners, the 5K is closed to bikes, rollerblades, skateboards, and pets. Strollers may be used.
– Water stop and mile markers along the course.
RACE DAY ACTIVITIES
– New this year! There will be a tricycle race during the run. Bring your child’s trike to decorate and race! Parents can drop children off at this activity while they run.
– Post-race festivities will include a celebration with free food, refreshments and activities including moon bounces, face painting and “water” tag.
LOCATION & PARKING
– Race begins and ends at Krieger Schechter Day School, 8100 Stevenson Road in Baltimore, MD
– Parking will be available on the Krieger Schechter Day School campus.
– Click HERE for directions
Co-Chairs: Stacey Getz, Jamie Cohen
Committee: Randi Turkel, Melanie Wilder, Heather Cohen, Caren Leven, Alina Matz, Liana Davis, Sarah Fried, Sarah Gratz, Julie Bender, Lauren Kean, Su Schleider, Stacy Landsman, Liz Minkin Friedman
To sponsor this event or for additional questions, please contact Liz Minkin Friedman at [email protected].